Life Technologies Dominates the Market, while Abcam and BD Biosciences Maintain a Strong Presence.
Carlsbad, Calif. – March 11, 2013: Percepta Associates announces the launch of its Fluorescent Imaging Life Science Dashboard™ market research report revealing Life Technologies (including Molecular Probes and Invitrogen brands), Abcam and BD Biosciences as leading suppliers across various segments. Market segments analyzed in this report include: fluorescence microscopy /immunofluorescence, high content screening, fluorescent immunohistochemistry, and fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH). Sigma Aldrich and PerkinElmer/Caliper supplant Abcam and BD Biosciences as leading suppliers in the fluorescent small animal in vivo imaging product segment.
“With double digit annual growth rates, moderate satisfaction levels and relatively high interest in switching for several fluorescent imaging segments being expressed by a significant percentage of the population surveyed, a need for new and improved products is evident,” said Sarab Khandpur, Senior Analyst and Editor of the Life Science Dashboard™ publications. “This 2013 Fluorescent Imaging Life Science DashboardTM report provides a detailed analysis of end user practices and preferences for key fluorescent imaging research segments.”
Designed and executed by individuals with practical industry experience, this report contains strategically grounded findings and recommendations that can simplify business planning and guide you in a more competitive direction with confidence and certainty.
Findings are based on survey responses obtained from 462 academic and commercial research scientists in North America and Europe from our leading proprietary panel of active life scientists. Key market indicators detailed in the report include:
- Overall and segment market sizes & market growth rates
- Share of mentions & dyes/compounds used
- Reaction throughput rates
- Customer satisfaction & propensity to switch suppliers
- Competitive landscape*
- Perceived pricing
- Technique usage frequency
- Research focus and target of fluorescent experiments
- Desired product changes
*Companies cited by respondents in this report include:
- Abcam (NASDAQ:ABCZY)
- Affymetrix/eBioscience (NASDAQ:AFFX)
- BD Biosciences (NASDAQ:BDX)
- EMD/Millipore (DAX:MRK)
- GE Healthcare/Amersham (NYSE:GE)
- Jackson Immunoresearch Laboratories
- Kirkegaard & Perry Laboratories (KPL)
- Life Technologies/Invitrogen/Molecular Probes (NASDAQ:LIFE)
- PerkinElmer/Caliper (NYSE:PKI)
- R&D Systems (NASDAQ: TECH)
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology
- Sigma Aldrich (NASDAQ:SIAL)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific/Cellomics/Pierce (NYSE: TMO)
- Vector Laboratories
Founded in 2005 in Carlsbad, California Percepta is a specialized consultancy providing market assessment, product development and pricing, brand assessment and development, market planning, ad concept and message testing and due diligence services to life science research suppliers globally. For more information visit: www.perceptaassociates.com or call 877 597 9236.
Percepta Associates Inc.
Anne St Louis – Director
Phone: 877 597 9236