To keep the global research community and research product suppliers informed on the continuing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on research efforts Percepta fielded the first COVID-19 Impact survey on April 3, 2020. This survey was re-fielded, with the addition of several questions, on May 1, 2020 and once more on June 1, 2020.
Members of the Percepta panel of life scientists located in the USA and Europe were invited to participate in the survey. The goals for the study were to:
- Understand extent of lab access and level of bench research currently being performed
- Understand impact of COVID-19 on current research projects
- Assess current & anticipated impact on laboratory funding / budget / headcount
- Assess reagent & instrument purchase delays as result of COVID-19
- Uncover any product availability issues as result of COVID-19
A total of 1,015 completed surveys were collected within 48 hours from the April survey. A total of 794 completed surveys were collected within 48 hours from the May survey and 636 completed surveys from the June survey. This report presents the findings from the June 1 survey with comparisons to May 1 data as appropriate.
The dataset for this report is comprised of 83% academic/non-profit and 17% industrial* respondents; 67% from the US and 33% from Europe. In total three quarters (73%) of respondents are focused on basic research / development
Click on “FREE REPORT” below in order to download the report.