Researchers were asked how, if at all, budget sequestration implementation has impacted their life science spending habits today versus the prior 'fiscal cliff anticipation period' which coincided with the new federal budget cycle.
The two periods tracked in this snapshot report are October 2012 – February 2013 and March – May 2013.
The survey monitored:
- whether laboratory spend has/will increase (%), decrease (%) or remain the same
- whether personnel will be impacted due to sequestration
- whether the threat of sequestration has caused changes to lab throughput
- how life science reagent and instrument laboratory spend has/will be implemented due to sequestration and/or the threat of sequestration
- how research institutes/organizations are affected by sequestration
- the impact sequestration will have on the frequency of performance of various analytical applications in the next 12 month